The Challenge ¶
The #30DayChartChallenge is a community-driven challenge that happens each year during April. Every day, there is a certain prompt, grouped into five categories: comparisons, distributions, relationships, time series, and uncertainties. Anyone is welcome to contribute, no matter which data source or tool is used to create the visualizations.
The first edition was run in 2021 with 1,960 contributions from all over the world. The challenge is inspired by the #30DayMapChallenge which was initiated by Topi Tjukanov in 2019.
The Team ¶
How to Participate ¶
- check the current prompt and the code of conduct
- pick any data you like
- create a visualization with a tool of your choice
- share your work on Twitter with the hashtag #30DayChartChallenge and the day (e.g. #Day1)
Code of Conduct ¶
- Only publish charts that are your original work.
- Give credit to the original data source and inspirational sources whenever possible.
- Respect the opinions of others, keeping in mind cultural differences and diversity.
- Be friendly and provide constructive feedback.
- Value the diversity of purposes: not every chart needs to follow YOUR idea of a perfect visualization.
A data source or visualization is unacceptable if it:
- is being used to abuse, harass, or threaten others
- is libellous, knowingly false, or misrepresents another person
- infringes upon a copyright or trademark
- violates an obligation of confidentiality
- violates the privacy
The material and information contained on this website is for general purposes only. The services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. The site owners will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented on the website. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, the site owners make no warranties of any kind, express or implied about completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or information, products or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. The site owners do not control, endorse, or take responsibility for any content available or linked to the services or the actions of any third party or user, including the copyright of data sources, trademarks, and images in general. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly on your own risk.